[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just a dog

  • From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:42:41 -0400

I agree, I know it is very hard when you have those star puppies not to keep
them all, but its not fair for?these intelligent dogs?to live in a kennel 24/7,
its a waste.? I feel guilty sometimes when?mine don't get enough house time.?
I personally don't show puppies a lot because they I feel they need to grow up
and be puppies, they need to play get into trouble etc.? I have seen some dogs
that have no sparkle or life in their eyes and it is so sad.? I teach?mine
tricks?and basic obedience (not that they always listen)?and I try to play with
them a lot.? Some say I have bratz?for dogs, (handlers mostly) <G> but I
say?they have personality ,hahaha, which is developed by them being part of my
life.

So?when Abbey steals cucumbers from my garden, I know she is using her brain
and its comical, well... except when its the one I have been patiently waiting
to ripen! ; )

Show dogs can be house dogs too, for me they are dogs first and show dogs
second! : )
Just my humble opinion!

Joyce