[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lori Hathaway - Stonewall Shepherds

  • From: wendygsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 00:09:53 +0000 (UTC)

Once again, the German Shepherd world has lost one of our beloved members way
too soon.  My dear friend, Lori Hathaway, has lost her long, hard fought
battle with cancer.  It was only up until a few weeks ago that she thought she
was still going to beat the disease that ravagged her body.  She fought with a
fierceness and will to live that I have never seen, never admitting defeat
until the doctor told her there was nothing left to do for her.

Although Lori and I did not always think the same (who does?) I loved her
dearly and we always had respect for each other.  She was a fierce
competitor, had a great eye for a dog, a great love of the breed and a was
very compassionate person.  I will continue to see her and feel her presence
in the memories she has left with me and am proud to own three of her dogs
which help me find peace.

Lori was never afraid to die, she just loved life so much that she would say,
'I'm not ready now'.  Well, someone had other plans for her, but I know that
she believed in a life beyond and my heart fills with happiness that we will
someday reunite again.   So, til we meet again my friend.....

Wendy Luba