[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long Coats In All Breed Shows

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: truebluek9s@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:34:12 -0400 (EDT)

Short answer, no.  I can't imagine the standard being changed to  remove
"fault".

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 10/10/2012 11:35:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
truebluek9s@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Thank  you everyone for your answers.........I need to re-phrase my
question.  I  realize they are a fault and not a DQ so you wouldn't be
automatically booted  out of the ring...........but in my neck of the woods
where this
breed doesn't  always pull in a major, my longcoats would probably be welcome
as  points!  If I'm going to show I want a chance to actually earn a
Championship which means I need to win.  So what I would like to ask is  if
there
is any talk of them bringing in Long Coats either as a 'breed  variety", or
as a separate breed..........whatever they could do so the Coats  could be
shown like everyone else with fair advantages, etc.  In other  words not be
a fault..........I could only see this happening if the standard  was
changed or they took them in as a separate breed. I'm sure that won't  happen
and
understand why they are considered a fault...........but then again  there
are 2 types of lcs, ones with an undercoat and ones lacking  in
undercoat.  The SV dogs have an undercoat, and so do mine.    I'd hate to
see them go separate breed since they would just be compared to  the Shiloh
Shepherd but I don't know what other options there are.  I do  performance
with my long coats and would like to see them able to show and be  competitive
in the breed ring as well as the regular coated dogs, and  understand they
wouldn't be able to compete in the same classes as regular
gsds..........which is why the term breed variety comes to mind.  Sorry  for my
rambling............any thoughts or comments are very welcomed and
appreciated!  Not
trying to start a war.......but maybe a fun  debate!

Thank you,

Noelle Cota
True Blue  GSDs

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.