[ SHOWGSD-L ] Long Coats In All Breed Shows

  • From: Noelle Cota <truebluek9s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:34:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you everyone for your answers.........I need to re-phrase my question.  I
realize they are a fault and not a DQ so you wouldn't be automatically booted
out of the ring...........but in my neck of the woods where this breed doesn't
always pull in a major, my longcoats would probably be welcome as points!  If
I'm going to show I want a chance to actually earn a Championship which means I
need to win.  So what I would like to ask is if there is any talk of them
bringing in Long Coats either as a 'breed variety", or as a separate
breed..........whatever they could do so the Coats could be shown like everyone
else with fair advantages, etc.  In other words not be a fault..........I could
only see this happening if the standard was changed or they took them in as a
separate breed. I'm sure that won't happen and understand why they are
considered a fault...........but then again there are 2 types of lcs, ones with
an undercoat and ones lacking in
 undercoat.  The SV dogs have an undercoat, and so do mine.   I'd hate to see
them go separate breed since they would just be compared to the Shiloh Shepherd
but I don't know what other options there are.  I do performance with my long
coats and would like to see them able to show and be competitive in the breed
ring as well as the regular coated dogs, and understand they wouldn't be able
to compete in the same classes as regular gsds..........which is why the term
breed variety comes to mind.  Sorry for my rambling............any thoughts or
comments are very welcomed and appreciated!  Not trying to start a
war.......but maybe a fun debate!

Thank you,

Noelle Cota
True Blue GSDs