[ SHOWGSD-L ] Leaving

  • From: Halwend@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:50:16 EST

I have a ribbon from the Westchester Club dated 1958.  The huge bucks around
that ring was intimidating but not quite so intimidating as the apparent
"CLOSED CLIQUE."  We were interlopers and just who the heck did we think we
were?
I was so dumb--I HANDLED?? LOL--but I had a nice dog and we did OK.  We just
knew better than to try that again.
Soon we met and were warmly welcomed by Blanche Saunders so guess what
happened WHEN WE WERE WARMLY WELCOMED?  With my obedience dogs I've toddled
around
Canada, The Bahamas and Bermuda and up and down and back and forth around the
US of A and what a fantastic time we had!

Besides fewer trials I have a problem with accommodations.  Time was when
nice motels were happy to have us.  Now it's pretty much "high class dumps",
expensive, not exactly sanitary and sometimes dangerous.  I'm alone now and
don't
ever correct my dog when I detect that low grumble and see hackles.  And
still, after all the preaching, if there a show in town THERE'S CRAP ALL OVER
THE
PLACE!

The "age challenged" among us don't seem to take change with expansive grace.
 Expense is often an issue.  Agility has claimed obedience entries and many
clubs that offered obedience classes have found they can't meet the expense and
canceled them. Now, when I want to stay closer to home I have trouble finding
classes. I sort of doubt that on this list when I say "Obedience" straight
out that I'll become one of the beloved.     Change is inevitable but the one
thing that seems to remains constant is THE CRAP.HA Chuckle
Chuckle.
Happy New Year

Marion Nielsen
Halwend@xxxxxxx