[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Late entries & entry confirmation

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:56:50 EDT

_fairway07045@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:fairway07045@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:
........One thing that is a problem with using email to confirm entries and
for sending out judges schedules is that it is a bulk mailing and most of them
 end up in the spam or bulk mail box. Many just dump that mail and never read
it  . Then the phone calls begin..
Actually, Terri is right - if you send your acknowledgements as mass
mailings (one message addressed to all exhibitors) then you have a  problem.
First,
all the exhibitors know who will be at the show (not good)  and secondly, most
internet providers will treat it as SPAM and it will end up  in the garbage.

The only way to avoid these problems is to do individual  e-mails.  It is a
bit more labor intensive but it does get the message  to the exhibitor and it
is most of all - prompt.  Our premium list entry  form includes a place for
your e-mail address and if they fill it in, I will  send them the
acknowledgement
in that format.  Personally, as an exhibitor,  I like it because of the
promptness.  As a show secretary, it is a saving  to the club and much more
prompt.

DK