[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Night

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:37:42 -0800

Like most of us I wanted the GSD to win the show last night, but I must admit I
was just as pleased when she didn't, but then again I admit I am somewhat
strange...I will explain...last year this wonderful GSD won all four days at a
four day show in Utah...I was in attendance and saw her on a couple of those
shows...and yes I was rooting for her, but I did not think she was the best
dog...she looked a bit tired and there were several who looked better, but like
I said she won all four days, including the two specialty shows put on at night
after the allbreed shows...I also posted my opinion on this list after those
shows last May....there are just too many times in this sport that the
reputation of a dog
and/or its handler influences the outcome....a classic example of..."is it the
Arrow or is it the Indian"...the reputation of the dog or handler should mean
nothing inside the ring...last nights group judge for some reason placed the
GSD third and gained my respect...one more note...I just hate dog shows giving
out money to the BIS winner...this will sooner of later cause more problems in
this sport..look at the rest of the sports world...strikes in Hockey, Steroids
in Baseball and Football, cheating in College sports...Wars...etc
etc...why?...it all traces back to money...there is a famous book that has a
famous quote that is almost always misquoted...I will attempt to quote that
book correctly...."the LOVE of money is the root of all evil" ...maybe the GSD
will win the next BIG show in New York next month...but if she does I hope it
is not because of her or her handlers reputation...I am sure I am in the
minority (not pun intended) on this...but then again I am in the minority on
most topics....brain damage I think...lol..Ed Hill