[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Hope-Quick Update

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:53:17 -0500

Just a few things to announce.
Lenny

Lenny is now in his new home with his new sister Zoe.  Jack Mild of the German
Shepherd Dog Club of Western PA made the trip from NC to meet him and Lenny
just hopped in his car and never looked back-LOL.  He is now living in the Blue
Ridge Mountains of NC and is far away from the skin, bones and flea condition
he had when we got him; he came in at 50 lbs and went to Jack at 92 lbs!!
Jack, thank you for opening your heart and home to this special boy!

Sally

Sweet Sally was found frozen to the road in Ohio.

Last week Joe Maringo made the long trip to bring Sally to us.  We were not
told that she had a large tumor in her shoulder joint (not that it would have
mattered).  Sally spent the night here and was in great pain.  I took her to
Brady's Run vet on Wednesday and the worst was feared.  Sally had cancer of the
joint and her front leg had started to crack.  She also had tumors in her
chest.  She went to the Bridge that day with her head in my lap, one vet
talking soothingly to her and the other vet sending her to be with others to
wait for us.

Sally had a wonderful dinner the night before of Timberwolf chicken and a good
breakfast this morning.  She had been bathed before she left the shelter.  Even
though this sweet girl was with me only one night, the pain is there but I
could not let her suffer any longer.

God speed Sweet Sally.  To those that have donated to the "Sally Fund", thank
you.  We will be able to take care of her xrays, etc. and, of course, any other
money that comes in will be used to save another sweet soul.

Dillon

Dillon is healing slowly from his hip surgery.  He is still limping but it
seems every day gets a bit better.  He will always be a "special needs" boy but
he is totally sweet and very obedient.

Mya/Noel

Her killer will be held for trial in July before a Judge.  We will keep you
more informed as time goes on.

Other Rescue Updates

I know Dawn has other updates on dogs she has been working on throughout the
country and will forward the information when she gets a chance.

Sweat Shirts

We have more sweat shirts coming in.  More sizes are ordered.  I have a waiting
list to send out when I get them.  If you would like one, please let me know.
$27 includes shipping.

Fund Raising

The shows will be starting soon; we will need baskets to raffle for Chinese
Auctions and also plan to do some Silent Auctions to bid on items.  If you have
anything that you think would be good for the silent auctions, please let me
know.  Jewelry, GSD items, wine baskets, etc. are always good for silent
auctions.  But we aren't picky :-)

Weight Circles

We are still collecting Purina weight circles and other coupons for treats and
food.  The weight circles really help with vet bills.

These are just a few things that pop into my mind.  If anyone has anything they
would like to put in my update, please don't hesitate to send it to me.

That's it for now.  Spring is just around the corner and the ice is gone!!

Pat Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
www.saravagsd.com (visit updated site)
Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.