[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Hope - Please read

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:36:08 EDT

I know things are tight for everyone financially right now with the high  gas
prices and all but things are especially tight for rescues and LHSH is no
exception.

We are critically short on funds right now as the influx of GSDs needing
help has been unprecedented lately with so many people losing their homes and
literally abandoning their pets.

Most of the foster people actually pick up a good bit of the costs for the
dogs they foster but money is needed for emergency medical care, spaying,
neutering and especially for emergency boarding of dogs we get out at the 11th
hour but that have to await transport and for standard vet expenses for those
that are in homes with multiple fosters who can give care and food but whose
finances are limited to that.
There are sometimes transport costs as well.

So........we need you guys. We had thought that $2 per month per list  member
would give us all the money we needed to operate........and it would. But
unfortunately, that just hasn't worked. It's easy to forget that $2 is so
desperately needed and actually does so much and we understand that and
appreciate
so much those of you who have been regular contributors..

But we need more regular contributors if we are going to make this effort
continue to work. I can assure you that many of the LHSH people work
diligently
night and day to find these GSDs, make the contacts with the  shelters, beg
for a few more days before they die, post these dogs to forums,  find people to
evaluate and pull them, places to foster or board them and people  to
transport them to rescue or foster.
I can promise you that hours and hours and hours of unpaid effort go into
the saving of each and every dog.

We need more people in this battle because this IS a war. It's a war  against
time and against the apathy of much of society to the plight of animals  who
have no voice in their own fate.
Maybe you can't be on the front lines of this war BUT WE NEED YOU SO BADLY
TO SUPPORT THE EFFORT.
Financially it's a constant task to stretch each dollar as far as possible
so we can save as many as possible and oftentimes when the money is not there.
LHSH saves them anyway by pooling personal resources beyond what is already
committed.

Every little bit makes a tremendous difference. If you can send something
today, please do. And please put us on your financial calendar at regular
intervals and send what you can - the cost of an entry, a % of a stud fee or a
puppy sale, the cost of a night out on the town, that $2 /month.  Whatever....

And remember, it's not for Last Hope Safe Haven. It IS for the DOGS of  Last
Hope Safe Haven - our breed, our passion.

thank you,

Lynda Bragg-Workman on behalf of everyone at LHSH

Falkrigia  Shepherds ....Gene Workman / Lynda Bragg-Workman
_www.falkrigiashepherds.com_ (http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/)
_www.thecraftywoodchuck.com_ (http://www.thecraftywoodchuck.com/)

Last  Hope, Safe Haven German Shepherd Rescue Coordination-BOD
_www.LastHopeSafeHaven.com_ (http://www.lasthopesafehaven.com/)
Old  Fella Burke County Animal Rescue - Training Director
_http://oldfella.org/_ (http://oldfella.org/)