[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Senator Kent M. Williams

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:45:23 -0700 (PDT)

Fabulous letter!!!!  Thank you Evan. sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:   As a trial attorney, an officer of the court, a member
of the United States
Supreme Court, an advocate of responsible dog ownership, as well as an AKC
judge, I wanted to express my concern and outrage as it relates to the actions
of Senator Kent M. Williams in abandoning a pregnant dog to a kill shelter.

In dealing with minors, one of the first signs of a deviant individual is
the mistreatment of animals. When we find a child who maims or injures a
helpless dog, bird or cat, we know it is a sign of future problems. Often we
find
this type of behaviour in some of our worst criminals, in the history of when
they were children.
To read about this sort of irresponsible behaviour from a man entrusted with
the public good is more than disappointing. It is a direct indication of the
character of the man. A person who would treat a helpless pregnant dog this
way, should never be able to impact the lives of citizens, and certainly
should never be allowed to manage public affairs. When a person does harm to
another person, it says a great deal about his behaviour, but when those
actions
are against a helpless animal who has no defense, it shows the core soul of
that person.

Mr. Williams should be brought up on charges. He should be removed from
office. And, least of all, he should be publicly shamed, and exposed for the
person he is. It denigrates the state and all those who elected him, to allow
him to continue in a responsible position, and I would urge those with the
authority to do so, to act quickly and to uphold the true character of your
fine
state by removing this man from office.

Evan Ginsburg
Attorney at Law