[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: La Quinta Inn story...watch your dogs...

  • From: Cheryl May <cmdogsports@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

Kathy wrote:
> If I have to go somewhere, they all come with in the van.  If I want

to eat w/ friends, and it's too warm to schlep dogs in vans to
restaurants
after being at a show all day, we order take out and eat in the rooms
or on a balcony.

Someone sent me the La Quinta story before I saw it on the list here,
and my reaction was the same as Kathy's -- I *never* leave my dogs!

Another good option if the weather isn't too hot -- most agility people
have a tailgate lock -- it's a pole that allows the tailgate to be
open, but we can lock the car so that no one can get in. My crates face
the interior of my minivan, so no one can ease in and unlock crates and
let the dogs out. (They probably wouldn't do that with GSDs anyway, but
you never know.)

If I can park in the shade and watch my dogs from a restaurant window
or patio, I'm fine with this option. Otherwise, I eat in a park or in
the room with the dogs ... and my friends and their dogs.

- Cheryl May
(GSDCA member)

http://mail.yahoo.com