[ SHOWGSD-L ] L.A. Ordinance

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightorgsd@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:30:46 -0700

 I would like to remind everyone that those of us who yelled the loudest
about this ordinance are excluded from the bad parts since we are breeders
of purebred dogs and show them in either confirmation or obedience.  We were
fighting this thing because of the crazy rules.  Spay and neuter at 4
months!!! That's a damn nasty thing to foist on folks.  The theory is that
it is healthier... nuts we all know what early spaying can do to a bitch's
health and urinary tract.  Neuter a male at 4  months and you have an
obnoxious perpetual puppy.  Never mind a GS just imagine an Irish wolfhound
bouncing around your house as a perpetual puppy!!.  I have nothing to lose
but I do resent, like Laura and Stormy, being told what to do in my own
home.  As for Vets:  Both of mine would just ignore those inqueries and no
info would be provided and any staff member that made such a mistake would
be gone in a second!!!  Wake up folks...where were the local clubs in all
this???
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA