[ SHOWGSD-L ] Katrina GSDs need temp home

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:21:13 EST

Hi all,
I did get one offer for help when I posted this the first time, but I'm
giving it one more try, hoping that someone closer to this area will offer.
There are a couple of Katrina victims living with their kids at Scott Air
Force Base, IL.  Scott AFB is about 30 minutes east of St. Louis.  The problem
is
that they have two 21 month old GSDs with them, and apparently their kids
have dogs also, so they are over the 3 dog limit.  They are very afraid to lose
their dogs with an estimated six months to go before they can move back home.
They are hoping to find someone to temporarily take both dogs until they can
move home.  The dogs are 21 months old, brother and sister GSDs.  They are
import lines.  As I understand it, the dogs are sound and they are crate
trained.
I could check them out if you like, to make sure they are sound.  I live
relatively close to Scott AFB.  The people would be happy to pay for feed.
They
cannot afford to board the dogs at an estimated $9 per day for that long, so
they are out of options.  Peg and I are set up for five dogs and we have five
dogs.  With both of us working full time it would be impossible for us to take
them.

The offer I did get was from someone in Georgia.  I do appreciate that and I
will tell the people of the offer, but I'm giving this one more shot with the
hope that someone closer to the Saint Louis area will be good enough to help.

Thanks
Tom Langlitz