[ SHOWGSD-L ] K-9s in police work -- SchH training, etc.

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:05:02 -0700

jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

What I  fond interesting is the SchH club will not let
you get titles with other  clubs like the GSDCA/AKC/UKC, etc? I was a bit
surprised to here that.  They evidently are in competition with each others
titles? You only get  your titles through the SchH  club.
The UScA has long wanted to be the only recognized representative of the GSD
before the World Union of GSD Clubs. The GSDCA was the only club with
standing, then UScA, which was an all breed schutzhund club became a German
Shepherd only club, then became a registry and is moving aggressively to
become the only representative of the GSD in America with world standing.
They now share standing with the GSDCA. Their latest move was to refuse to
honor any other awards or titles from other schutzhund trials, including the
GSDCA-WDA, except other World Union Clubs. . They want it all.

Most of you know what I think about any club, organization, church or
government that wants to control everything. In retaliation to their power
moves, we should be the opposite - open, accessible, inclusive, supportive,
and even complimentary to those dogs and owners who, from any venue, do it
right and work for a title.

Just my rant!
Dave