[ SHOWGSD-L ] K9 stories.

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:56:15 -0800

This brought to mind the day my McDuff foiled a bank robbery.  McDuff went
everywhere with me on my weekly errands and his favorite place was my savings
bank.  The tellers always had a treat for him and the folks on line, usually
the kids, petted and fondled him.  He was a very friendly fellow.  This one
Friday he got very anxious and was looking at one particular person and finally
he lunged at this guy growling and being very menacing.  I was mortified and
scolded him but he would not stop and the guy left the bank..  The teller
hurried up my deposit and i left apologizing to everyone.  The next week I left
him in the car but as soon as I got inside the bank manager and tellers all
yelled "where's Mc Duff?"  I said "outside, I didn't want him acting up again".
  "Bring him in he's a hero!  That guy he did not like came back and because
McDuff had acted up we all kept an eye on him and when he handed a note to the
teller we were ready for him.  He was a bank robber and McDuf
 f knew it!.  Well, talk about treats McDuff was kissed, given goodies and toys
by all the bank folks and the people waiting in line applauded him.  Boy, was
he in seventh heaven!! I miss him so much but I had more than 13 wonderful
years with him.

Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, Calif.