[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just a question about show puppy sales

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: JParker0127@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:19:31 EST

In a message dated 3/29/2006 7:37:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
JParker0127@xxxxxxx writes:
or the  ones you talk into  showing the dogs they buy
from you tell them  about the costs to  show them?

Why would you assume anybody talks anybody into anything?  I'd  imagine
anyone buying into a show prospect is grown up enough to ask intelligent
questions. Who buys anything without understanding the charges/upkeep?   Well,
maybe
me...the landscapers bill for mulch/flower bed prep/clean  up was bit of a
shocker, lol, but I'll remember to ask next  year.

It can (not always!) be the other way around. Newbies can promise to do  this
or that and for one reason or the other, it may not work out.  Despite
whatever you may put in writing, once the prospect is off the breeder's
property,
the breeder has given up control.

I skip the entire process.  Nice show prospects I'm not keeping for  one
reason or the other (I don't want to be over dogged), go to loving companion
homes and I don't have to worry about the stress of either something not being
next year's super star or someone not holding up their end of the bargain.
It's a win-win. The dogs are in well loved forever homes, companion people have

a nice representative of the breed and there is a lot less stress for me that
way:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_