[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Just a question about show puppy sales

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: JParker0127@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:33:49 -0500

HI JP,
I can tell you that in my contract it says nothing about costs of showing a
dog.  When you are someone new, that has never shown a dog before, you will be
informed by me that this is an expensive hobby, but very fulfilling.  There are
many ups and downs in the show dog world.  Success is not cheap, nor is it
easy.  I can honestly say that I have had wonderful handlers that were always
willing to work with me about the bill.  They want to take my dog in the ring,
because they are very competitive people and want to handle a dog that is
winning.  If you get so lucky, being a person that is very new, to have a top
show prospect, you will see that most handlers do work with you.  My contract
states that if you are buying a show prospect from me, you must attempt to show
this animal with professional guidance.  I am also a consultant.  Attempt is
the big word here, and most of the time, if the dog doesn't turn out, I'll be
first to tell you not to waste your money.

Tari Kridler
Home of 2003 Amer & Can GVX Kridler's Ruby and her Father 2 x Sel. Amer & Can
Ch. Kridler's Quno @ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com & the New List