[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judges comments

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 18:47:40 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2005 5:32:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Long term exhibitors usually know why their
dogs don't win on a given day.  Sometimes it's a better animal in front,
sometimes it could have gone either way, sometimes it was performance,
sometimes it was a blind judge, or so we think.  Sometimes there is no
They may know it but they don't admit it.  They prefer to criticize the judge
for what he put up. You know you have been judging long enough and you only
please a VERY FEW at any given show. All the others say we put up our friends
or the top handler etc. Nevermind that the animal you put up is exactly what
your preference is since they all have faults, we just have some parts of a dog
that we prefer over others. I think all judges are that way. You hear people
say he is a front nut, he is rear nut, he is a back nut etc. So if you are
lucky enough to find what you like and put it up then please yourself and don't
take it home with you. When the show is over it is over and nothing can be
changed and if you are please go home sleep well and don't worry about it.

Lee

Lee Brown