[ SHOWGSD-L ] John DeHope

  • From: daxobuff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:21:12 -0500

I am one of the many, many people proud to have called John
DeHope "friend".  He introduced himself to me via email when
I first posted about my Dax, a great, great grandaughter of
Rocky (AKA Reno). We had many phone calls in which we
discussed obedience and agility (which he and his dogs
loved) and conformation, and he helped me find my second
show-quality bitch.  I was happy to drive 10 hours to meet
him in person in San Antonio, where he proved to be as much
of a gentleman in person as on the phone.

He encouraged me when I lost half my house, and all my
breeding space, to a fire, and cheered when my two girls
went BIS-Brace, laughing with me as I described how I flew
behind my girls. He empathized with me when a careless
driver rear-ended me, making it physically impossible for me
to show my girls again.

Reading the other testimonials made me realize that the love
and friendship John gave to me was the same love and
friendship he gave to so many others, and to the breed.  The
world has lost something with his passing, and like so many
others, I have another little hole in my heart.

Rest in peace, my friend, and may your family find peace and
solace in your memory.

Shalom,

Leslye Morrow
Shofar Shepherds & Shelties