[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It does not matter who you are...ot

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:34:22 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edwin Hill" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:26 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] It does not matter who you are...ot

> Life is like an ice cream cone, ya gotta lick it (eat it) when ya get it,
> if not it'll run on down your arm"....no matter what happens to me, every
> day I wake up.... life is good and I'm blessed...I'm going to tell you a
> secret, but you can tell anybody you want.....being kind to folks
> makes ME feel better........Ed

Exactly ! Ed is right, I know for myself, a large part of my JOY in life is
seeing the joy that others get from various things that I do.
My "biggie" is decorating my home at Christmas. My daughter's often grumble
about that, because I call on them for help.

I have come to terms with reality, there are some things I just don't do
anymore, climbing up a ladder to put decorations up for the Holiday's in one
of the 'biggie's" !! No more ladder's for me...been there done that and I
have the scars to prove it, LOL !

Occasionaly my daughters will ask if I am going to decorate as usual, with a
tree in every room.  My answer is yes, as long as I am able with a little
help from other's. They enjoy the decoration's, so I feel since they enjoy
them as much as I do, it's no big deal to give me a few hours work shortly
after Thanksgiving.

The part that isn't fun, is taking everything down and getting it in storage
until next year. You should see my wine cellar ! No room for wine, Christmas
decor is stuffed into every corner of it !! LOL The upside with no wine, I
don't have to rotate bottles ! LOL

Beryl Eshom
Arelee
Davis, CA