[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It can be done

  • From: "Sue Mazzeo" <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 07:56:07 -0700

Cindy,

I'm sorry but there is an issue with Las Vegas, as well as ANY California site.
 Before I get to that, let me tell you that I live in Sacramento, California
and would LOVE to not have to travel out of the state to go to the National.
However, if  I were an exhibitor in tracking, I would NEVER want the National
in either California or Nevada.  It's simply dangerous to do either the TD or
TDX tests  that time of year.  Any fields we would have in California that
would be appropriate  would be loaded with foxtails that time of year.
Foxtails are VERY invasive and almost always require veterinary help to remove
if breathed into the nose or are not found and burrow under the skin.  More
than one dog has been lost because of a missed foxtail.  In Nevada around Las
Vegas, the fields necessary would be very difficult to find with sufficient
vegetation to make it possible to pass the tracking tests.

Because of the requirements of the VST test (it's done on mowed  lawns, and
parking lots and around buildings), it would be possible in both California and
Nevada.  But TD and TDX require many hundreds of acres of more natural land
that does not have people tramping through  it.

Sue Mazzeo

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:11:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: It can be done

I couldn't agree more......if they can have rodeos in Las Vegas...they can have
dog shows.   Last year the Aussie National was held there.....they had herding
on site too.  The ONLY problem I see with Vegas is hotels that accept
dogs....but with the economy as it is....it might not take as much convincing
as in past years.
Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.