[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting discussion - prosternum

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:47:22 -0600

Hiya - I love a good posternum, but come from a breed that does not talk about
it at all in their standard. Some years ago I showed a liver dog who had it and
I had more people come up to him and look at it because they had never seen it
on a dal..

Unfortunately, I am not sure how it fits for having reach in front as most of
the breeds that came up in the original question (Dobes, Weims, etc) have tons
(too much) and don't, at this moment have much reach..

Equation goes like this = if you have good shoulders, you TYPICALLY have
posternum because the shoulders are in the right place (in addition to
everything else), but posternum doesn't necessarily equal good shoulders.

JMHO.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls

******************************> Denise Bostrom Denise Bostrom
<denise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: On my dogs I like to see a good
prominent prosternum. My understanding is> it provides support for muscles
necessary to have good front reach. (please> correct me if I am wrong here).