[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: That poison pen -- err, typewriter

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gretchanya@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:59:11 -0500

When I graduated from high school, my hair was long enough that I could
braid it and still sit on the braids.  In other words, it hung
way down past my bum when it was loose.  I'm sure I looked like a wild
woman, because it was not only long, it was curly and very,
very thick.  (I wish I had some of that thickness now, ha ha)  Most of the
time I kept it in some kind of ponytail, or sometimes in braids...one or
two,
 didn't matter....it was not flying around with a mind of its own.
    In college, after about 4 months, I cut it so it was only half way down
my back. Most of the time, especially at those infamous college
drinking/dancing events, it was in a pony tail.
    Of course, that pony tail was very tempting...there were always young
men around who thought it was very clever to grab that ponytail
and give it a tug...and how or why they thought I would react favorably to
that act still amazes me.  One time I remember hearing my roommate's
voice behind me saying "don't pull her hair, she really has a fit if you do
that."  And a moment later, came the tug.
  I spun around and smacked one of the cutest boys I've ever seen...and went
right to the manager of the place we were all in and asked
him to call the police, as I wanted to bring charges against someone.
    The cops came, and they tried to tell me I didn't have grounds to have
this guy arrested...but I persisted, and he was hauled off to the city
jail, where he spent the night, waiting arraignment or something like it.
Of course, in the morning I went downtown with my roommate
and told the police to let him go, I wasn't going to be pressing charges
after all.  The three of us got to talking later, and he said he'd learned
never to do anything like that again...he was mighty impressed that pulling
someone's hair could be considered assault and battery.
    He ended up getting engaged to my roommate several months later...and
while they never did get married, she still laughs about it to
this day....how impressed he was that anyone would have him hauled off to
jail just for pulling their ponytail!

    So you know...if that cow ever lays a hand on me, she's going to
pay...and heaven knows I can afford the time and can use the money.
Peggy