[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Information on Young Handlers

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 17:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

No, these youngsters grew up here in Texas.
Their Grandfather joined the GSDC Austin years ago.  Then their  Mother,
Mary Golden, got involved with dogs.  Mary Tripp was always  close with this
family and as the boys developed an interest in GSD, she taught  them to
groom and walk dogs and put them in the ring.
  Trevor started taking Mike Sherman's dog back in the ring and helped
finish our GRCH Hearts on Fire.
That was in 2010 and Trevor was Best Jr. at the National that year also and
 showed Hearts on Fire in Specials under Barbara Amidon- He put a Best of
Breed  on her last Saturday under Vicki Roye.
Hearts On Fire  and Trevor were the last bitch  special excused at the 2010
National
 (I like to think of it as "Reserve Select _ Hee -Hee  We got a  Reserve
Select On Spellbinder un Ed Barritt back in about 2003)
Then Trevor moved to Oregon to live with his Dad for a year.  But he
missed his friends and the dogs and shows.  So when his Father bought him a
round trip ticket home last summer, he took it and only used the half to come
home.
Meanwhile, while he was gone, Mason started showing.  He spent two  weeks
with us last summer and worked dogs and helped Bob build a roof over our
deck.  Then all last year he worked for Mary Tripp and helped train all her
dogs and maintain the kennel.

These young men are not just aged out Junior Handlers -  They are true  Dog
Men - Yes, they still have a lot to learn, but they seem to be  committed.

Carol

In a message dated 3/30/2013 3:36:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Terry  Howers grandkids right?
Cynthia

Sent from my iPad