[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Incontinence and rabies vaccinations?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:18:17 -0700 (PDT)

All the years I have spayed my females only one dog had incontinence
and she was spayed after a litter of pups at age 3 1/2.  She did not
develop it though until after all evidence pointed to her having DM.

The Rabies shot is effective...

http://vitalanimal.com/vacc-efficacy/

Theresa

On Sat, 3/15/14, Kathy Partch <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I was talking with a dog-friend today
 and she was telling me when she
 altered her bitch at 7 months of age she was incontinent
 right afterwards --
 Now having to give her hormones to control that problem --
 not just a leak
 but a full blown-bladder-blast with absolutely no control.
 Her vet told her
 that when she gets even older we'll have to increase her
 hormone dosage. And
 she felt it could've had something to do with her unknown
 breeding as well.
 Is it possible that the vet could've made some kind of error
 when altering
 this bitch? I've altered a bitch at 6 months, 7 months 2.5
 years, 5 years,
 etc., & never ran into that problem as of yet thank
 goodness. I do
 obedience/agility with a gal who adopted a mix bitch Gracie
 that was altered
 at 9 wks. I freaked out when I heard that. Gracie is now 5
 with no health
 issues so far. Has anyone had incontinent issues with
 spaying at a young
 age?

 Also was talking with the same woman about the skunks in our
 area because of
 the open land around us. I was asked if I had a chain fence,
 or a board
 fence so the skunks couldn't spray my dogs. Thank heavens I
 have board
 because my neighbors have chain & the skunks have gotten
 their Catahoula
 hound a number of times through the chain. Not only are the
 skunks out by
 numbers at times they don't seem afraid of us. Now, does
 that mean they are
 rabid or just friendly? BOTH! My vet told me that even the
 darn things can
 carry for rabies but not rabid. And if they even snort/spit
 with their
 salvia your cat/dog can be affected. Well, they have their
 rabies shots
 right? The vet said then: "I can't even confirm if the
 rabies shots are
 fully affective because there hasn't been full proof to
 that." WHAT?! This
 is the first time I've heard such a thing. Three year rabies
 vaccinations' -
 does that mean your dog/cat is less protective possibly at
 the second to
 third year ending? Or is it really true that there's no
 proof to the vac's
 full protection if infected by any rabid animal? I know we
 have a vet on
 board here could you please give us some info on
 incontinence altering at a
 certain age & are we really fully protected with our
 rabies vac's? Thank you
 for any confirmed info out there. Kathy Partch
 www.JoKaySedona.com
 <http://www.jokaysedona.com/>

http://showgsd.org/mail.html