[ SHOWGSD-L ] If tomorrow never comes...

  • From: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:28:04 EDT

We just had this discussion at the family picnic,  considering the  fact
that I am not 27 anymore,  I have started to downsize the  kennel,  I have
only 4 german shepherds now',(see  website:www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com )
over a period of time I  started to condense my pedigree into one or two dogs,
 my Blockbuster is  now 10 and not breeding anymore, and my Holly is now 8,
and is also not having  puppies anymore,  I have her daughter Cleo, who is
my complete bloodline  from my old Sel.Ch. Deb-Mar's Pandora (Shaft of
Delshire daughter) to GV Ceasar,  Ch. Dirty Harry, Ch. Regal Ruler and so on,
should she decide to bless me with  puppies, I will be able to continue the
line.  I am very fortunate to have  added my beautiful Madison,  from Dan and
Marilyn, this brings a new and  different bloodline to add.  While speaking
with my cousins they asked what  happens to the dogs, and my daughter Mary
said "don't worry they will be taken  care of, for the rest of their lives".
so there you have it with the german  shepherds.

Now the cavaliers, since they are so friendly and loving, they will be fine
 if placed in another forever home, they just love to sing that song "if
you  can't be with the one you love, love the one your with".  They are so
easy,  so if something should happen to me, they will all be in good hands, as
my  daughters will care for them, because they are dog people, and the apple
didn't  fall far from the tree.

So much for family picnic's, everyone, eats, drinks and is merry,  we  have
a great time!  I cook!!!!!

Diane

In a message dated 7/13/2009 9:49:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

On  another list I belong to someone sent an e-mail about a retirement
home  for dogs.  It's a place they would go if you passed away.  So it
got me to thinking............what happens to your dogs and other pets
when you are no longer here to take care of them?  Where do they  go?
Who will take care of them?   I'm sure many people are  not looking
forward to taking care of someones animal no less if you have  a kennel
filled with animals!  Who would take on the responsibility  of all of
those animals?  Are your animals in your will?   Certainly something to
think about.    Barbara

Home of GV  Ch. Ossipee Ceasar v Clover Acre CD ROM, ROMC
& many champions _www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com_
(http://www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com/)
_www.debmarscavalierkingcharlesspaniels.com_
(http://www.debmarscavalierkingcharlesspaniels.com/)