[ SHOWGSD-L ] If it's not good for you, then it's not good for the dog

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:56:09 -0400

Reading these posts about stupid pet owners reminds me of a small
article that I read this week about dogs.  It was talking about leaving
dogs outside in the hot, humid weather.  It said, if you wouldn't be
comfortable in it, neither is the dog.  Even worse for him, because of
his coat.  I bought my "twins" a kiddy pool, and they go in it every day
whether they want to or not, courtesy of  a little help from me.  They
feel much better afterwards.  Half of their dog run is shaded with a
roof, but they like to lay up on the deck which the run is connected
to.  If it gets too hot, then I bring them in during the hottest part of
the day in the air conditioned room (got an early birthday present from
my sister), and they go in their crates for a couple of hours and then
back outside when it's cooled down.  Works fine for them.  So if it's
not good for you, it's not good for the dog.  Some people may have all
the education in the world, but absolutely no common sense.  It makes me
wonder about this person who let her dog suffer a terrible painful death
how she would response to a human being in distress, or maybe she just
thought, it's just a dog!!!!  Stupid, no not at
all...................heartless and selfish are better words for someone
who turns their back on a creature who has no voice, but who she can
hear moan just the same.  Some say educate these
people...............how much brain do you need to have when you see an
animal who you raised laying there suffering?  Stupid?..........no
sick!!!!!!!!!  Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS