[ SHOWGSD-L ] If Hunte moves, call the police

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:32:15 -0800

HOW  TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST  ANYMORE.

George  Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife
told him  that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could
see
from the  bedroom window.

Ge  orge opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there
were  people in the shed stealing things.

He  phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said
"no".  Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply
lock
his  door and an officer would be along when available.

George  said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police  again.

"Hello,  I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my
shed.  Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot
them
all."  Then he hung up.

Within  five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an
ambulance  showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars
red-handed.

One  of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot
them!"

George  said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

I  LOVE IT
Dave