[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ideas for increasing membership

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:25:48 EDT

I'm a member of the PC myself, but I will always disagree with the "If you
truly are such and such you will join".  Sounds like blackmail to me.  That's
just my take on it.
Tons of people are dedicated to the breed without holding a card.  Don't get
me wrong, I'd love more people to join, but insinuating that they really don't
care enough about the breed because they won't join the club...well, it's a
good way to push more people away than bring them in.  And if they do join,
it's more likely to be out of spite and anger than anything else.

In a message dated 9/9/2006 9:22:57 PM Central Standard Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If you truly were an advocate of the breed joining the club would be a given.

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash