[ SHOWGSD-L ] I HATE SNOW

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:16:13 -0800 (PST)

I was on the phone with someone from the Balimore, MD area today and Mom said
something about wind whipping into the house when the dogs came in.

  I was at the end of the line with snow, but I will tell you that while I
could easily live here in Maimi during the cold months so much easier than up
north, even as close as Orlando, during hurricane season, I was not so sure
about this area.

  Winter storms can take out the power, for even long enough to be a crisis,
but they rarely take out entire neighborhoods.  To see every building in
downtown Ft Lauderdale with windows blown out, and the school board offices
destoried makes you pause.

  But I promise there will be no snow, no biting cold wind, no hurricanes,
probably little or no rain, and lots of sunshine here from now till May.  Temps
will not go below 40 at night for the most part and sweaters will be a fashion
statement, not a necessity.

  Come one come all, to the GSDC of Greater Miami.  February 11 and 12 (just
before Valentine's Day, warm up with your sweetheart.  Judges are Ed Barritt
and Kathy Potter, entries close January 27.  Mail entries to Sheila Lieberman,
13015 SW 89 Pl, Box 186, Miami, Fl 33176.

  Premium lists will be mailed soon to every who has or will request it.
Emailing of premium lists works most of the time.  It is a Word file.

  I hope one day to spend my summers in the DC area and my winters here.
  Sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training