[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte and others, just food for thought

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:06:46 -0800 (PST)

The Golden Valley Country Club in MN (a private golf club) does not allow women
to become members (however they can accompany their husbands - isn't that
sweet), and I believe there are other private golf clubs out there that do not
allow African Americans.

  I don't think it's a problem to keep him.

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com
Becky McElroy <zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  If this is true (no legal way to deny a membership),
why bother printing the names of prospective members
in the Review? I'm a little fuzzy on what the point
of that is, at this moment.

Don't tell me that it's to enable current members to
write in about their misgivings about said prospective
member and thereby cause inquiry or investigation
which could cause the prospect to be disallowed entry
- if that were true, we'd be done with this issue.
(run-on sentence acknowledged)

And it's certainly reasonable to allow the largest
dog-broker in the country into our club, if we have
members in our ranks that are considered by others to
sell/raise too many dogs. (tongue-in-cheek, you
understand).

See why ARistas have such an easy target at us? Even
pro-animal-usage folks don't see eye to eye. Not that
there's anything wrong with that.

Becky in CO
--- Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/26/2007 1:06:47 P.M. Pacific
> Standard Time,
> cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Do you really want us to be associates with a puppy
> mill
>

> No of course I do not, however there may be no legal
> way to deny his
> membership. If that is the case then we need to
> figure out how to make this work FOR
> the club, and FOR the breed. As far as having "us"
> associated with a puppy
> miller, there are MEMBERS that I would consider to
> be just that, selling and
> breeding too many dogs, with too many problems with
> very little thought to
> it, or its ramifications.....what about them????
>
> Kathy

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com