[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How to pick puppies?

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:44:36 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I have to ask...why???
Grace
Mo Murkland <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HA! If I have a couple that I can't decide on I use the 3 P
Rule............put them in the van and take them for a ride, the first one
to poop, pee and puke is invararible the pick pup. Mo

> Oh dear!!!
>
> I have a litter of 4 puppies at the moment - 5 weeks old today. I usually
> 'pick' my keeper's at a very early age, but this time I just can't choose
> between the 2 boys - one a sable, the other black/red. I've been watching
> this thread with great interest! However, reading this response, I'm
going
> to have to keep both!!!!
>
> And ALL of them are already 'prancing' around the back yard like show
> ponies! I have recent pics up on my website for anyone that wants to
look -
> Cari is going to a show home, but I am keeping either Connor or Caan
> .............. or both!!!
>
> Anita & the Furkids
> It would be rare.... but could happen.
>
> Just have the puppies sit on the floor, then get their attention. Start
> whistling and making weird noises. The one that cocks its head side to
> side wondering what the heck your doing.... is the keeper. The one that
> just looks at you normal... not a keeper.
>
> Sean

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Grace Eaton
Sirius German Shepherds