[ SHOWGSD-L ] How old is to old to breed?

  • From: "Bill Sinclair" <sincagsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 19:31:01 -0400

I didn't think that 7 was old for a very healthy, athletic 7 year old female
until I went to my vet's.  While waiting with the mother-to-be in his office, I
read a chart on his wall that told you in human years the age of your dog.
Forty-nine does sound pretty old to be having babies.  She did have her litter
of 6 which were very healthy and are now 8 weeks old.  She had one other litter
and this one is her last.   Gloria Sinclair, SINCA GS