[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purina / herding?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>, <terranorte@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:55:58 -0700

Herding is not away from the National site for any reason except that it is
very difficult to find a site that can handle
all at the same location along with Agility, Obed. and make everyone happy with
the seating,  controlled temperature,
enclosed buildings,  bathing / grooming / stalls, RV parking, and  Obedience
and Agility facilities etc.
These type of sites should be seriously considered for semi permanent when they
ARE found.
Perry, Ga. was one.......the Kentucky site would have been one......Salt Lake
City is one....seems Colorado was also??
 ( not sure on Colo. )
I agree with Zoa and Val.    It would definitely attract more participation and
spectators.   We miss herding every year
at the National because of the different location and the week before.....and
there is no way we can even consider
entering our dogs in herding in conjunction with a National when it is miles
away and days before.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Zoa Rockenstein To: terranorte@xxxxxxx ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:
Monday, May 17, 2010 2:51 PM
  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Purina scheduling

  I also show in both herding and conformation and totally agree with Val! It
is a total burnout to have the herding at a site
  hundreds of miles, and several hours, away from the show site. Please, let's
not call it a tradition!    It is more like a
   bad habit that we need to break!   Zoa  Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com

  From: "terranorte@xxxxxxx" <terranorte@xxxxxxx>
  Kim and all:
  As a serious herding exhibitor & conformation exhibitor - I would really like
to see the herding trial held on Monday &
  Tuesday and on the same site as the rest of the national. When it is held on
the weekend before - it means basically
  2 trips, one to the herding trial and one to the national for everything
else. This is definitely the case when the trial is
  held at a separate location.      We wonder why there is such a separation
between performance and conformation
   exhibitors and fancier - this is why.    ~ Val Manning

  From: Kim McNamara <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  < Herding is already the weekend before and usually at a different site. It
does make some sense to have
  everything on site and all performance on the same days followed by all
conformation.>>