[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How is big better?

  • From: Michael and Linda Booker <legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bonjenshepherds@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:15:14 -0400

I'm with Bonnie.  I've had Great Danes, BIG GSD bitches and correct GSD dogs
(and a little bitty Malinois).  I can say that I absolutely prefer small to
correct.  I compete in obedience, agility, rally, and schutzhund.  BIG is a
pain for me.  You have to teach a big dog extra maneuvers to compensate for
their excessive size.  Smaller dogs last longer (per session, and often live
longer too).  Many experienced helpers ("bad guy"s) will tell you that a small
dog is very powerful, and just as capable of knocking them off their
feet.Legato German Shepherds...and... Stormy Sch3 IPO3 CDX RAE SG Zena Sch3
Kkl1 AD CD TC Beaux Sch3 AD> From: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx>
> What is big better for...> > > Jumping out a cop car window & take chase
> after a suspect?> > How about for cutting corners while herding sheep (for
> hours & hours each > day)?> > How is having to grow to 30" at the wither
> better for hip conformation & > wear on those hips over the years?> > How is
> bigger better when it comes to pano?> > Is bigger better for agility &
> obedience jumps?> > How is big better for guiding the blind or working with
> the disabled?> > What exactly is bigger better for, egos? > > Just asking,> >
> Bonnie Jenkins>
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".