[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Home insurance cancellation without notice

  • From: TLSGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 13:36:39 EDT

We have a policy from Traveler's that I believe was developed by Dan Smith
specifically for kennels, called KennelPak.  I don't know how it is set up  for
sure, since we have a boarding kennel, but it covers homeowners as  well.  We
learned about it from Terry Hower.

Terri Stout
_Cresthaven Kennels_ (http://cresthavenkennels.com/)

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the  people who treat you
right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything  happens for a
reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let  it."

In a message dated 4/5/2008 1:31:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I had to  buy business insurance for my kennel. It was a farm type policy. It
could be  an Oregon thing. I went through Safeco and it covered everything to
1 mil,  even contracts. As I remember it was 130.00 per month. It was worth
it in the  long run.
Terry
Kris Christian <Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi All,

My insurance agent just called.

He received an electronic notification from my bank that my  homeowner's
insurance had been unilaterally cancelled by the insurance  company. He
was calling me to inform me that he had placed a binder on our  house to
cover us with insurance.

The reason for the  cancellation was because I had too many German
Shepherds. I have 5 total.  They are in very large indoor outdoor
chainlink runs. Very secure and out  of view to anyone not someplace they
should not be. Our house is located on  a farm and not in a neighborhood.

Our agent stated that he  had never experienced anything like this in his
more than 30 year long  career. He is looking for a better insurance
company to  represent.

Have any of you dealt with this  one?

Thanks.

Kris

Kris  Christian

Pioneer Acres

POST  is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original
author  and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any
kind are  permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the
Showgsd-l  Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE  LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS  OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact  the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org

You rock. That's  why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster
Total Access, No  Cost.