[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Home insurance cancellation without notice

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:43:55 EDT

One of the new uses for satellites is that Insurance companies are paying for
"close-up" shots of your house and property.   My son's property is waaaay
out in the desert, but the insurance company several years ago   (before he had
a chance to reroof the shed) was going to not renew insurance because there
were tires on the roof of   an outbuilding.

We were just discussing keeping ourselves "private and unknown".   Evidently
this use of satellites by insurance companies has been in effect for several
years   now.   You can, yourself, check on the backyards of your neighbors by
checking a satellite picture.

FYI

Stormy Hope
In a message dated 4/3/08 2:36:40 PM, Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi All,
>

> My insurance agent just called.
>

> He received an electronic notification from my bank that my homeowner's
> insurance had been unilaterally cancelled by the insurance company. He
> was calling me to inform me that he had placed a binder on our house to
> cover us with insurance.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com