[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hobby breeder guilty/expenses

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: rockannand@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:45:09 -0500 (EST)

Oh hell GF I don't EVER add up the show expenses or other routine  health
expenses, (heartworm, tick stuff), or even routine health checks  (OFA).  I
don't want to know <G>.  And dear God the last two  years with the fall
storms we've had the tree and fence guys have had a heck of  a Christmas! Over
$10K combined. I don't count that either....just  write a check and forget
about it!  It's a cost of enjoying my AM coffee  and watching lovely dogs
enjoying their safe playground <G>.  I do  have nice fence tho lol <VBG>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 1/14/2013 3:23:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rockannand@xxxxxxx writes:

Good  points Kathy, but just the tip of the ice berg.  There was a time,
when I  spent over 20,000 each year, on showing to get the titles on the dogs
(that's  low balling it these days).  Why do that?  Each puppy sold carried
those championship bloodlines.  That was important.  As breeders, we  all
are dog poor.  Just as the horsey set are horse poor.  We love  it, it's our
life.  What is charged for puppies, cannot come close to  what is spent to
get our puppies to market.  When I told my Accountant I  was retiring from
showing and breeding, he said "GOOD maybe you'll have some  money now".

Kate Syssoloff
Rockannand