[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoarding

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:19:15 -0400

Dawn,
You really should write a book! I think I pulled a muscle laughing, LOL!

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
My Blog
Men fight for freedom, then they begin to accumulate laws to take it away
from themselves.  ~Author Unknown

From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Hoarding
To: "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 6:29 PM
6 part series from ANimal Planet on
Hoarding.  The reason I was
surprised was 1) Animal Planet is becoming more and more
the AR's
voice to the world.  2) The mantra in the past few
months from ARs,
mainly HSUS, is that Hoarding, their new catch
phrase,  consists of
anywhere from 5 animals up.

     The group legislation lists for months
have been chronicling seizure
after seizure of "hoarding' situation.  Many of these
seizures have
been found to be without merit.  HSUS and others have
been priming the
pump for legislation about Hoarding.

     Now I know, as does any sensible person,
that people who take in
animals and do not care for them or live in filth,
surrounding by
animals, is a sick person.  Certainly that person
should have the
animals in a safe place and the person cared for
humanely.   But this
is not what is happening.  Yes, the animals are
seized, but the person
is treated as a criminal, handcuffed, jailed, and charged
with a crime
of neglect and abuse.

     And the person who is NOT hoarding, but
merely has a lot of animals?
The animals are cared for and vetted, and while the house
may not be
meticulously clean, it isn't filthy?  That person also
has the animals
seized, some never to be seen again, and the person is also
charged as
a criminal and has to defend him/herself in court.  If
found innocent,
that person doesn't have the animals, has lost a great deal
of money,
neighborhood respect and much more.

     Believe me, this is the NEXT place that
HSUS is going, and while I'm
not going to drag out the quotes now, I've read about some
people with
FIVE animals called a hoarder.  It's the new buzz
word.  Your friendly
exhibitor isn't a Puppy Mill any longer, now she/he is a
HOARDER.

     I probably wrote this too fast after I
promised myself for years that
I would put emails in the Draft box until I cooled down,
but nope, I'm
going to let it go this time.  And yes, with
Showgsd-1's Admin's
permission, you can cross post to other lists. (I'm taking
myself out
of that vote:-)

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
UPDATED EVENTS/LINKS!
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
GSDCA Legislation http://tinyurl.com/nj2tgz
Sunshine Squad showgsd.org/sunshine.html

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.