[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hidden Treasure

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: gweickelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:02:05 -0500 (EST)

funny that you should mention having been introduced to tri-tip in santa
maria.  i doubt that there is a californian who doesn't remember the  tri-tip
sandwiches that dan gagliani made at many of our specialties.   he did it
for years - always showed up with his bbq grill and a cooler full of
seasoned meat.  some people came to the shows just to get the  sandwiches!

diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 11/21/2011 11:59:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gweickelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

It is a  wonderful piece of meat. When properly seasoned and cooked over a
bed of oak  coals there is nothing like it. I was introduced to it  in Santa
Maria,  CA years ago. Here in the midwest we can't find tri-tip. When I do
it here, I  use top sirloin. By the way, the dogs around here don't get any,
because there  is nothing left for them.
Gary in Wis
On Nov 21, 2011, at 1:37 PM,  Sally Hayden wrote:

> I give what is tri tip?
>
>  Sally
> www.embroiderybysally.org
> CHRISTMAS SALE
>

> On Nov 21, 2011, at 1:32 PM, "GrnRam415@xxxxxxx"  <grnram415@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> This was a cold and  rainy weekend here in SoCal.  I went to the market
on Sat and they had  fresh cooked tri-tip on sale.  I couldn't resist.  I'm
not really a  tri-tip person but it smelled so good.  Anyway, the guy asked
me if I  wanted it sliced.  I did.  He sliced off all the good stuff and had
 a slab of leftover fat and meat.  I asked him if he was going to throw
that away and he said yes.  I asked him if I could have it without charge  for
my dogs.  They all know me at this market and he had no problem with  that.
 In fact, he gave me some other scraps that were going to be  trashed.  My
dogs were in heaven.  Mom did a great hunting trip  :-)  Funny how they like
cooked much better than raw food.

>> Laura Thomas

>>  POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
 any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>> Each  Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and  its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed  in any post.

>> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE  LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS  OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

>> For  assistance, please contact the List Management at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  http://showgsd.org
>>  NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

>  POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author  is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.