[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Here is a link to the info for all the hosting clubs.

  • From: ORSuite@xxxxxxx
  • To: PamJB1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:21:42 EST

In a message dated 1/18/2005 7:17:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, PamJB1@xxxxxxx
writes:
> But you forgot to say that in one CFA cat show weekend, you essentially
> have
> anywhere from 6 to 12 separate shows. Try and match one dog show cost to
> that at 20 bucks per dog show.
> Pam

Technically, you are correct.  It would almost be like us going from ring to
ring with our same dog under several judges in a given day with being judged
with our own breed, color groups, different breeds and whatever else can be
thought of.  Cats are judged on breeds, color, coat type, etc.  If we were to
take our dog to the judge judging, say terrriers after our shepherd ring, we
could POTENTIALLY finish our dog in a weekend.  That's CFA comparison. TICA is
bit different.  It's easier to get a CFA championship and harder to go Grand,
but harder to get a TICA championship and easier to go Grand.
  Since dog showing isn't like that, it will cost us more, overall, to finish
our dogs, just by having to enter them in more places, wherever our hearts
desire.

Chris K
"Do Right and Fear No One" --from the Stephanitz Family Crest