[ SHOWGSD-L ] Help for one of our GSD family members

  • From: "Arcturus" <arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:15:12 -0400

A week ago Linda Delarso posted she was temporarily leaving the list to care
for her 16 year old daughter who is suffering from a rare type of Bone Cancer.
Many of you know Linda from dog shows, the National, and from her involvement
in the Delaware Valley GSD club.  What you may not know is the hardship that
Linda and her family now face.  Linda's daughter Danielle's cancer is so rare
they are unsure how to proceed, and have consulted Doctors from Sloan/Kettering
and St. Jude.  In addition the cancer has spread to her lung cavity and she may
be facing the removal of that lung.  She is at DuPont Hospital for Children in
Wilmington, Delaware.
  Linda's husband,  like many Americans,  had to take a giveback in pay last
fall.  It was substantial and the family has been struggling since.  Now,  they
need to make a nearly 100 mile round trip daily in order to be with Danielle.
They have two younger children at home.  We have organized a Bake Sale to try
and help with some of the ongoing expenses. I'ld like to ask everyone to
include Danielle and Linda's family in thier prayers and If possible help with
a donation.  You can send donations to:

                                        Susquehanna Bank

                                       "Benefit for Danielle Delarso"

                                        PO Box 580

                                        Blue Ball, Pa.  17506   Attn. Joyce
Burkey

...and yes, we really do have a town named Blue Ball.  ( He He)