[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help - Frozen Bird

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <JANGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:31:17 -0600

Hi,   By only describing this helpless feathered kid as "a dark object" we
don't have much
to go on as far as feeding it is concerned, especially.  It could be a crow,
eats anything; it
could be a chickadee, eats either seeds; could be a sparrow also a seed
eater; or being
dark, but maybe not "black" it could be a dove or pigeon, both seed eaters.
Of course
you didn't mention the size either, so it could even be any medium sized one
like a hawk
or such, meat eater.     Watch it closely a bit as it'll come around as it
warms up IF it does
make it; the Papillions may enjoy this extra "treat" even if it doesn't make
it!!(sorry but I
just couldn't resist this one.  A friend of mine has a Rat Terrier and a Min
Pin and the
Terrier caught a mouse and the MinPin ATE IT!   Life in the Carnivore Lane!

My favorite bird story is the one when my husband and I bought a canary
while on our
honeymoon and gave it to his Mother.  We lived with his parents when first
married and
he went to Officers' Candidate School in Georgia.  Well, Mom Ramey loved the
bird but
would let it loose in the house at times (against my wishes) and one day it
flew into the
fan (no AC in those days)!  The next time I talked to Herb and told him
about it, he was
quick to put humor in everything and said, "Oh, shredded Tweet"!  Ok, I'll
lurk a bit but
hope the courage you have in saving a critter that upsets you works.  Norma
no L