[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Height of the breed

  • From: Doctrcorgi@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:33:41 EDT

One of the possible reasons we have oversized dogs in our breed, is the
prodominence of the German dog Axel v.d.DeiningHauserheide(sp) Axel was the
sire of
Ch. Troll vom Richterbach, who was the sire of the famous Arbywood "F" litter
. These dogs were sizeable and produced some large dogs. Troll himself was
placed 25th at the Seiger Show I understand primarily because he was too
big..and he was a big powerfull dog. Very impressive to we Americans, or at
least to
me. Axel had other big sons,Ch Wotan vom Richterbach was pony sized I swear..a
massive tall dog.and Axel vom Poldihuas was also a big dog. Axel v P and
Troll are everywhere in the breed.If you double up enpugh on a dog, eventually
some of those big genes will show up.I think that is where the size is comminf
into the present day dogs.
Chuck Kruger dvm
www.vibrantpets.net