[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Heart attack??

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: mcmuse@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:56:16 -0400

Hallie,

Rescues come with all sorts of issues.  It has nothing to do with the breed.
It takes a special person to work with rescues as many on this List know.  I
have had 2 GSD rescues.  One made it to 13 even with HD and DM.  He was a wreck
when I got him.. I was lucky that he chose to stay with us for so long.  My
other rescue has his own share of health problems but is 9 yrs old and still a
joy.

I would have no clue as to the cause of this dog's episode.  But, I would look
at diet and get the kidney's checked.  That may have been a seizure as well.  I
don't think epilepsy is commin in GSD's but doesn't mean it can't happen.  I
hope she will hang in there with this dog and find out what the problem is and
fix it to the best of her ability.  I commend her for taking in and giving
these dogs a great life, no matter how short it is.

Tell her my support is there for her, even if I can't give her answers or
physical assistance.

Laura Thomas