[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Handlers, etc.

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

the thing to avoid is "dis-honest humans"...stupid humans can learn...I am the
perfect example of that...lol....FB
Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I have just a couple of things to say
here...and also about the Jimmy
bashing. I bash him as much as I praise him...and he knows it. I don't
think I bashed him here...but I did bash the judges who put him up with
no regard to what dog he has...and while he does deserve some of the
wins he has, or maybe even most, I've seen him win when he shouldn't
have..then again, I've seen him lose when he should have walked away
with it.
Blame the judges...not the handler....
As far as asking the judges for their likes and dislikes..well,
that's a great idea if the competition never changes, if conditions
never change, if the weather is always a constant, and if the judge is a
robot.
Any judge worth his or her salt will have a list of "must haves,"
even if only in his or her mind, and want to see those things in the
dogs he/she is going to like best. These same judges will also have
things that he/she can't forgive............
And guess what? On any given day, if the judge is judging dogs and
judging on the day, and being honest and fair...the best dog there on
that day (and maybe not tomorrow) may have none of the "must haves" and
even one of the things the judge abhors............ it happens.
Just as certain exhibitors don't want sable dogs...suddenly they
have one...and then they have more.
We are all human, after all. The thing to avoid is the stupid
humans....
Peggy