[ SHOWGSD-L ] HUH???

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 08:52:42 -0400

>B&F Committee in their report to the Board, proposed a functional
transfer of responsibility >of the Show Site Selection Committee back to
the National Show Chairman for reporting >purposes.  This just means
that Joan will now be working directly with and reporting to >Nanci.

I don't get it, then.  If this move wasn't to save money, then why in
the world did B&F make this recommendation in the first place?  It
doesn't appear to me to be within the scope of this committee's charge.

I make my living as VP of Finance for a university and I'd have my head
chopped off (and rightly so) if I tried to use my budget committee to
tell the campus administration who should report to whom.

Whatever the reason and whatever the purpose, if it was handled in a
manner which reduced Joan to tears, then shame on everyone involved.
There's got to be a better way to conduct business.

Laurie