[ SHOWGSD-L ] HELP... AKC Show Requirements.

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:50:33 -0700

I am sorry the format of the List of AKC Requirements came to this List is such
a disjointed
format....I think it was too big to be accepted for this show List...I have
asked Zoe if she can
send it in a better format.   IF so... Print it off and take it to your next
Club meetings and start
planning now.
I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this as it will be a real hardship
for some Specialty
Clubs that are barely hanging on.    All Breed Clubs should find most of it a
bit easier.
Possibly ........like Kathy's ideas below we can help each other with ideas on
how to fulfill these
requirements.    Some we all already fulfill, and some will be a little more
complicated depending
on the membership and location of the Clubs.
With things like this and trying to fight some of the bad bills we are facing
like AB1634 in Calif.
it is becoming more and more difficult for Breeders AND NOW CLUBS!!!
Pay attention...... know which AKC  Delegates voted FOR THIS NEW HARDSHIP!!

We need to start talking actual dogs, and survival as breeders / exhibitors &
Clubs and how
to fight these bad bills we are getting hit with in waves....and now this......
We are a small Community and group of people and dogs and we need to help each
other.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

  marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
  AMERICAN  KENNEL CLUB Board Minutes February 2007
  Has any of our Specialty  Clubs noticed  the new   "requirements"  we have to
fulfill in
  order to  be"eligible"  to hold an AKC show!!!???    As I understand
it........this
  begins in 2008!! Some of our Clubs are barely hanging  on............now
this...........
  Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
  _

  Yes, we saw it.  We're fine, but it's important to know that smaller  clubs,
  YOU HAVE TO HOLD YOUR MATCHES.  You can throw in CGC, hold an  educational
  meeting, keep a breeder referral on your web site and you're well on  your
way to
  satisfying everything.....

  Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
  three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

  visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds