[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grudge or NO Grudge

  • From: Linda Terry <jolisgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 23:48:02 -0400

I say yes!!!  Years ago I had a lovely sable boy that I was showing.  He
would often spend a week or two at his handler's home for training.  He
bonded really closely to the handler's wife since he pretty much lived in
their house when he was there.
Anyway, I brought him to a dog show one weekend.  He immediately spotted
his handler's wife who was busy grooming another dog & just ignored him.  I
took him away to do some last minute grooming and so he didn't see
her until after the show.  She was going to take him home with her for
another training visit, so she called him.  He turned his head the other
way and tried to walk away from her.  When she was able to take his leash,
he continued to ignore her.  She told me later that he didn't acknowledge
her until they got to her home and she brought him inside and offered him
some dinner.

I also think that bitches especially will harbor grudges against other
bitches for years.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kathy,
> My Ketchy always ignored me when I went to a dog show and didn't take her.
>  When we'd get home from shows, she would turn her back, walk away and face
> the wall.  She'd sigh.  She'd sit on her LL Bean dog bed and turn away from
> us.  What a girl.  Thanks for making me remember some of her weird &
> wonderful ways.  She definitely held a grudge.  <G>
> Caralon's Ketchikan of Huslyn, CD, OFA  (Miss you, girl.)
>
> Penny in NC
> The Farm Dog Forever
> Plum My Guardian
>

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Kathy Partch <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for all the great replies to if dogs can create a grudge
> towards
> > us. I've gotten most that agree & some that do not. One time when my
> > husband
> > Joe & I had our registered flooring business we were working for this
> > couple
> > installing a ceramic tile floor in the kitchen/dining area. We were
> working
> > around 5 of the customers cats. When we came back the next day the cats
> had
> > pooped all over the new floor. Not once in their box. The owners said:
> "OH
> > MY GAWD the cats have never done that before?!" Those cats were not
> > friendly
> > when we were working there. I believe that was a grudge towards us! LOL
> > Kathy www.JoKaySedona.com <http://www.jokaysedona.com/>

> > POST is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the
> > original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> FORWARDS
> > of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> > AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
> > and its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
> > expressed in any post.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
> EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
> BE
> > PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

> > http://showgsd.org/mail.html
> > NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

> POST is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the
> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
> [...]

Linda Terry
etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPuppy?ref=shop_sugg
& Jolis Adirondack Breeze, CGC
& Jolis Adirondack Onyx Storm, RN, CGC
& the forever in my heart Jolis Meadow Zephyr, CDX, RE, CGC
& CH Snowyrivers Adirondack Joe v Jolis, HIC

http://showgsd.org/mail.html