[ SHOWGSD-L ] Grand Baloney-Part II

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

Boy Tom, when you start with the mediocre all breed dog and judge thing I have
to grit my teeth and sit on my hands.  But apparently my hands have escaped
because I am typing this.  If you think that all breed judges are inferior get
involved with an all breed club and make friends with the people on the judges
selection committee or, even better, become a member of the judges selection
committee.  If you think that all breed dogs are inferior to those shown at
specialties bring you specialty dogs to the all breed shows and show the judges
what a good GSD really is.  Maybe if the judges start seeing really good
representatives of the breed, they will stop putting up the mediocre ones.  It
is incumbent on all of us, as guardians of the breed, to educate judges because
they can have an influence on the breed.

It makes me sad that this is yet another schism in the breed.  Specialty vs All
Breed, German vs American, White v Normal colored, Working lines v Show lines.
Are we headed down the same road that some of the sporting breed have gone,
where the different groups don't even look like the same breed?

Diane
BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Ch. Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"